The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
distributor
I have a 1936 motor, however need to re bush the distributor, has anyone information where I can purchase oilite replacement bushes.
The Distributor Doctor might be able to supply them.
We buy some of our stuff from BearingBoys. They have a wide selection of Oilite bushes over five pages. Might they might have something suitable?
https://www.bearingboys.co.uk/Imperial-P...J4QAvD_BwE
I found some Remax bushes on e-bay when I did mine about a year ago.

James.
As far as I'm aware - someone correct me if I'm wrong, Lucas only used three types of spindle oilite bushes in their range of 1930's Austin and Morris distributors: Lucas part no. 410590 - 1/2" ID x 5/8" OD x 13/16" Length, Lucas part no. 404374 - 1/2" ID x 5/8" OD x 5/8" Length and Lucas part no. 250626 - 1/2" ID x 5/8" OD x 13/16" Length - these are the original Lucas dimensions. As already mentioned by David, the Distributor Doctor will be able to confirm which two of the above three are required given the specification / number of your particular Lucas distributor and which bush should be fitted at the top and which at the bottom. 

SVC appear to offer three equivalent oilite bushes where 410590 and 404374 are said to have an internal diameter of 0.490" rather than 1/2" and 250626 a length of 3/4" rather than 13/16" - presumably these are the nearest size equivalents available today.

Note to allow the new bushes to stand for 24 hours completely immersed in thin engine oil to allow the pores of the bush to be filled with lubricant.

https://www.s-v-c.co.uk/categories/staff...tion-parts

As with Tony, I've also bought stuff from BearingBoys - they often have some good offers.