The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Seeking Top Hat OX 7568
I have had a note from Stephen Laing of the Gaydon Museum. The Top Hat he mentions was one they had on display for some time (I'm afraid I don't have any further details) He wonders if I might be able to help track down its current whereabouts..

Any ideas? It's on the Register but without a Club attribution. Chris Garner, any ideas? 

No names in public please...

thanks..
Sorry Hugh. I cannot help in this instance.
It's never appeared on my Register.
Thanks Chris. I have been contacted off line and think I am now on the track of the car..
Hugh,
If at all possible, I'd like some information  / numbers etc from the car for the Top Hat Register. Thanks.
Pictured at Beaulieu in either 2005 or 2007

Try googling OX7568 and see the results, including this
https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/10503/lot/44/
Thanks chaps, that has been very helpful
Upon reflection, if anyone has Beaulieu programs for the years Andy suggests, if you could post here what year you see the car entered, I can follow up on who entered it..

Thanks..

Hugh
Hi All,

That picture doesn't look like Beaulieu to me, although always happy to be proved wrong. The layout of the cars is too random, and never seen that fence at Beaulieu. There aren't many rallies with that number of A7s. Going off tax disc, it's probably a 2005 or 2006 event.

According to my records - Beaulieu program entries from 1963 to 2019, it has only one entry - 1979.

Good looking car.

All the best,
Colin
The cavalcade plaque is for 2005 and is dated 'Birmingham 9th July'