The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rev Counter Drive
My “Ulsteroid” has a rev counter supplied many years ago by Alan Raeburn but it's never been connected.

I also have a drive designed to fit into the bottom of the distributor (see image).

Two quick questions:

1. Does the thick brass washer go inside the dynamo end plate which, I appreciate, will need boring out to accept the drive?
  2. Is there a best route to run the drive cable

Many thanks,
John.
You can buy a replica electronic one: http://austinrepro.com/gauges/
The brass spacer would fit on the outside to clear the casting with that size hex nut.
To fit this revcounter drive the dynamo end will have to be machined to accept it,faced inside and out for a proper job and the distributor shaft slotted to suit the drive tang/spade thingy.
The cable run depends on where your rev counter is fitted,Allow for a generous curve out of the distributor back to the dashboard.
Try and guesstimate the length of Cable you need as an inch or two each way and it won’t fit well.
If you have any speedo cable, armoured type try and use that to mock up to get the length you need.