The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Austin Seven Book
A new book entitled " Austin Seven " by Roger Bugg has just been published.
Roger is the Editor of the PWA7C magazine and long time owner of several Sevens.
Amberley Publishing.
ISBN no: 978 1 3981 0985 8
Amazon price: £12.29
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Austin-Seven-Ro...250&sr=1-1
Thanks Chris and Ruairidh - just ordered it from Amazon.
Thank you- ordered a copy from an Australian bookseller via ABE Booksearch
Hmm, easy to see that Roger did not get to edit the Amazon book description. Presumably it will be available through the PWA7C, to whom I would rather give my business than Amazon.
It will be interesting to read what new information might be within the pages, it always amazes me that such can occur.
Any comments or reviews on Roger Bugg's book, especially for the impecunious Special owner? It seems that it's a very slim tome. Just wondering if it's worth buying. I can't find any actual reviews online.
Thanks, Geoffrey
Geoffrey.
Roger Bugg has been a good friend of mine for many years and I assisted him with some information to, and proof reading of, the book so I may not be too impartial.
Roger writes well and is the author of several books on veteran bicycles - his other love.
Whilst I agree with Ruairidh that there does seem little more to write on the Seven, Roger has concentrated more on the social history of the model and the effects it has had on future motoring . Yes, a slim volume of just under a hundred pages, copiously illustrated.
I will say no more.

Whilst on the subject of books, little has been mentioned of another recent publication. The Complete Catalogue of the Austin Seven by James Taylor and published by Herridge and Sons Limited. Several contributors to this Forum have inputted to the book. I believe it is an important addition and a useful aid to those perhaps struggling to get their heads around the various models - I know I do at times. Beautifully produced with, once again, masses of illustrations.
Thanks for the info Chris, and the tip of hat to the other book.
Geoffrey
All I can say is that the Amazon puff was not written by the author! The moment it appears for sale through PWA7C I will buy a copy.