The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Preserve the Dependability"
Looking to fit a reproduction "Preserve the Dependability of your Car " plate on our early Mk.1 Ruby, I was surprised to find a lack of holes to mount it in the original bonnet-support bar.  Can anyone confirm that early Rubies did not have this plate?
My 1934 Ruby had a very original looking one of these on the front of the battery box when I bought it in 1984.

I removed this plate for the re-build, but put it back in the same screw holes.

Thank you, Andrew. I'm afraid that there are no holes there either - yours appears to be held on by two rivets or screws. I'm curious about the 4 wires to the horn...
No holes on my early Ruby in that area, there were holes in the bonnet stay and Bryan Purves’s Ruby reg. no. BUU 834 had a plaque in the same location on the bonnet stay, that is where my plaque is located now. However no idea if this was the original location

Apologies, checking back over old photos I cannot be sure my statement regarding Bryan Purves’s is correct, so cannot use that as a reference, however Rinsey Mills book page 68 shows the plaque in the same location I had the holes in the bonnet stay and that is where I have located mine.
Sorry
Thanks for the helpful replies - it seems that ours never had one. Oh, well, it improves the power-to-weight ratio!
(20-07-2023, 12:58 AM)Tony Griffiths Wrote:        I'm curious about the 4 wires to the horn...

I wondered if someone would notice the extra wires.

When pressing the horn push it would sometimes work, but sometimes not. Is it the switch? Is it the horn? So It fitted an extra switch in parallel. If the horn fails, press the other switch. And I fitted a second horn, a cheap modern horn thrown in the battery box and connected with the wires to the 'proper' horn. If the proper horn fails I will hear the puny horn.

All done to aid diagnosis of an intermittent fault. Of course the horn has worked perfectly ever since.