The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking (owners of) Austin 7s in Spain
I am frequently in (text) conversation with a Spanish Austin 7 owner... Some of you on Facebook will know of his cut down Ruby saloon which has recently successfully had an APE/ORT windscreen inserted into the scuttle in place of the wood and 3/4 screen previously seen.

His latest challenge is with a friendly mechanic trying to help him resolve an electrical issue... I'll not bore you with detail, but the upshot is he's very keen to find Austin owners in Spain who he can get information from more readily...

Anyone got friends in Spain with Austin 7s (or other pre-war cars?)

Howard... Does the Association magazine have Spanish subscribers? Does the Register hold details of Spanish cars? We realise GDPR will likely prevent you from letting him have details, but he'd be happy for you to pass his phone number on to Spanish owners with a request to contact him.

Thanks in anticipation
Hi Nick

There are no Spanish clubs in the list of ‘member/associated clubs’ on the A7CA website so I don’t think the magazine goes to anyone in Spain.

As for cars in Spain there is one listed on the ‘Chassis Register’ again on the A7CA website.

Not much help I’m afraid.

Howard
How about this?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/466601254062975/

(knock three times and ask for Dario...)
(12-07-2023, 01:52 PM)Chris KC Wrote: How about this?

Howard, that's a shame but not unexpected... 

Chris, that's useful... I don't know why he'd not already thought of that... how did you know about it? Are you one of the 27 members? There's possibly another 26 (or more) survivors for the chassis register!
(12-07-2023, 02:11 PM)Nick Lettington Wrote:
(12-07-2023, 01:52 PM)Chris KC Wrote: How about this?

Howard, that's a shame but not unexpected... 

Chris, that's useful... I don't know why he'd not already thought of that... how did you know about it? Are you one of the 27 members? There's possibly another 26 (or more) survivors for the chassis register!

Ha ha no, I just Googled "Austin Seven Espana"...    Shy
(12-07-2023, 12:33 PM)Nick Lettington Wrote: I am frequently in (text) conversation with a Spanish Austin 7 owner... Some of you on Facebook will know of his cut down Ruby saloon which has recently successfully had an APE/ORT windscreen inserted into the scuttle in place of the wood and 3/4 screen previously seen.

Do you have a link to the thread about this car or a link to any pictures, please Nick? It sounds interesting.

Thank you.

JAmie.