The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear hood rests
The pair of rear hood rests as used from around the mid-1930s onwards, each had a rubber block attached. Thanks to Mick Hobday who suggested them, I've bought a couple of blocks like these to shape up - but see from various pictures that there appear to be metal plates on the inside and outside to hold them. As all I have are the basic brackets, might somebody have pictures of the various missing parts?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Carl Slater has just posted this photo on the Facebook Austin Seven Group page.

.png   Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 16.48.34.png (Size: 917.74 KB / Downloads: 308)
Thanks. That's a help - and do have other pictures showing the inner and out plates - but I'm not sure of their details.
Original leather securing strap, pivotted to hood frame and secured to hood rest with "Lift the Dot"
Hood rest with rubber cushion, inner threaded plate and "Lift the Dot" nipple with extra long threaded shank.
I'll pop a pair in the post if you need them Tony, I had to buy 10 to get the two I actually needed.

(12-07-2023, 08:20 AM)Mick Hobday Wrote: Original leather securing strap, pivotted to hood frame and secured to hood rest with "Lift the Dot"
Hood rest with rubber cushion, inner threaded plate and "Lift the Dot" nipple with extra long threaded shank.
I'll pop a pair in the post if you need them Tony, I had to buy 10 to get the two I actually needed.

Thanks, Miick, that's very kind of you, I'll look forward to them. By coincidence, I was talking today to Simon Laxton who pointed out the two holes in the hood that hold the leather strap in its parked position. I always wondered what they were for! How thick does the rubber block need to be? 3/4" or 1" perhaps?
(12-07-2023, 08:50 PM)Tony Griffiths Wrote:
(12-07-2023, 08:20 AM)Mick Hobday Wrote: Original leather securing strap, pivotted to hood frame and secured to hood rest with "Lift the Dot"

Thanks, Miick, that's very kind of you, I'll look forward to them. By coincidence, I was talking today to Simon Laxton who pointed out the two holes in the hood that hold the leather strap in its parked position. I always wondered what they were for! How thick does the rubber block need to be? 3/4" or 1" perhaps?

Mick, this picture appears to show the inner plate positioned on the outside.

Yes, it most certainly does.  At least it's still there and not been chucked away!