The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speedo Cable - 47" Magmo
Good morning all,

Having a bit of trouble locating a speedo cable for my Cambridge Special. I've tried all the usual suppliers who are having trouble with stock (stock ordered in March 23 but still waiting for them to arrive unfortunately).

I'm looking for the following:
Speedometer Cable - Magmo Revolve Drum Type - 47" 

I don't suppose anyone has a spare hanging around they would like to sell (new or second hand)? In the Leeds area.

Got a few outings planned in July which i'll struggle to attend without it  Confused

Thanks!

Dan
Any vehicle first registered before 1938 is exempt the requirement for a speedometer, so I wouldn't be overly worried about it and a Magmo isn't what you'd call state of the art accurate anyway.
Have you tried Speedy Cables ?

https://www.speedycables.com/speedometer-cables/
I threw my Magmo in the hedge - it's possible I may still have the cable. I'll take a look.

There we go 

It's 47" and nearly new - but it has a slight pinch in the outer where it got trapped between drag link and chassis. I don't think that would affect its function.

If interested pm me.
I thought the critical date for a working speedo was 1936 rather than 1938, but I'll trust Recker's knowledge on this point.
(28-06-2023, 11:11 AM)Mike Costigan Wrote: I thought the critical date for a working speedo was 1936 rather than 1938, but I'll trust Recker's knowledge on this point.

Either way, I have an inkling this would not get you off a speeding ticket!
No it won't. All it means is that you're exempt from the requirement to have a working speedometer. The operative date is actually 1st October 1937. Anything older than that is exempt.
Thanks for all the replies everyone. To be honest, my Magmo does read out fairly accurate (if a little bouncy) so i do use it for rough speed checks. I've just got a mount for my phone so I can use that with maps etc and that handily also has a speedo on there to keep track.

@jeff taylor - I hadn't seen that before but looks very promising- ill submit a request with them and see what the lead time is looking at.

I've also pm'd Chris as this would probably get me up and running again for the looming trips (useful for the spares box as well!)

Thanks again everyone! Hope everyone is getting plenty of miles in with the great weather we've been having!