The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using a Roof Rack on a Seven?
Let's make it even more top-heavy.....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

A photo I published in the A7CA Magazine around 2005...

And the RN up at Glen Coe for the weekend in 1992/3...

Someone had made provision for the fitting of a roof rack on this very late Ruby:

I remember once in summer 1975 being sent to an "obstruction in the carriageway" on the M1 southbound and on arrival found a roof rack complete with luggage in the 3rd lane. There was a very subdued family parked nearby on the hard shoulder with the remains of their Morris Traveller, the roof of which was still attached to the roof rack...
I nearly choked on my Horlicks reading that!
Wow, Reckless, that must have been a shock for them. A friend, returning from a sailing holiday in his Citroen AX, had a roof rack with a surfboard strapped to it with the curved end pointing upwards. At 4 am on the A42, he must have been getting a move on as the entire rack was ripped from the roof causing considerable damage. Happily, nobody was behind to suffer the consequences of his lack of imagination.
My version is being behind a French Canadian driver with two bikes on the roof rack of his VW golf. We were in the toll line of the Confederation Bridge crossing from Prince Edward Island to the mainland. He drove into the bar that keeps trucks from using the car lanes and depostied the bikes rack and all on the road behind them. I mention his province of origin because as I assisted him in carrying the rack to the side of the road I was reminded once again that swearing in French sounds so much more melodic than swearing in English.
July 1966, there were no mishaps.

.jpg   img003 copy.jpg (Size: 879.21 KB / Downloads: 116)