The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another one in the USA
Hope the link works
1929 AD  Chassis 82759 / A8 5325 Reg no GU 3867
Rough around the edges, but pretty sound looking and very complete 
NO RESERVE sale on now. Plenty of photographs Decent history
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1929-a...my-tourer/
I wonder whether the DVLA will accept the 1967 RAC Engineer's Report as sufficient evidence to re-allocate the original number.
Quite possibly. The AD I brought in from Seattle got its number back - even though the DVLA has got it wrong when it was being exported! They had transposed a couple of numbers & were able to find their original microfiche! Great service... be nice to them! 
This car does not seem to be on the DVLA register, so may have been exported properly and the number not been reissued. 
Perhaps in the Docs are export/import records which would help. Shipping etc to UK will not be prohibitive, but this and getting to the US port should be checked out before getting too far/excited! Easy to do on line.
Image it's 1954 and one is moving on a rusty wreck with canvas showing through the tyres. Describe it in the paper's classified section as "well patinaed" and the phone is silent. Or, a quick coat of Valspar; pray for rain on Thursday evening; park it under a street light and describe it as "immaculate" - and the phone melts under the stress.
(22-06-2023, 03:40 PM)Tony Griffiths Wrote: Image it's 1954 and one is moving on a rusty wreck with canvas showing through the tyres. Describe it in the paper's classified section as "well patinaed" and the phone is silent. Or, a quick coat of Valspar; pray for rain on Thursday evening; park it under a street light and describe it as "immaculate" - and the phone melts under the stress.

Why 1954, I did that in 1967?  Big Grin
(22-06-2023, 04:59 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote:
(22-06-2023, 03:40 PM)Tony Griffiths Wrote: Image it's 1954 and one is moving on a rusty wreck with canvas showing through the tyres. Describe it in the paper's classified section as "well patinaed" and the phone is silent. Or, a quick coat of Valspar; pray for rain on Thursday evening; park it under a street light and describe it as "immaculate" - and the phone melts under the stress.

Why 1954, I did that in 1967?  Big Grin

You naughty boy! Yes, I suppose that age-old trick did continue until then.