The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Radiator Hose Size
Whilst my engine is out I'm considering fitting new hoses but what is the correct size?

I have measured the diameter of the bottom radiator stub and this is approximately 32mm but the somewhat corroded top hose connection to the cylinder head is nearer 34mm.

Also what's the feeling about going to a silicone hose?

John.
The radiator hoses are 1ΒΌ" ID and available from the cherished suppliers.
Silicone hoses, to me, never look right. Often they are bright blue, or red, and even if you can find black ones they are probably gloss black.

I bought mine from A7 components. They fit, and they look right.
(20-06-2023, 09:32 AM)andrew34ruby Wrote: Silicone hoses, to me, never look right. Often they are bright blue, or red, and even if you can find black ones they are probably gloss black.

I bought mine from A7 components. They fit, and they look right.

I share your abhorrence of garish hoses! However I had some custom hoses made up by Goodflex a few years ago (for a very reasonable price) and they were supplied in a textured black finish which is barely distinguishable from traditional rubber, while offering superior temperature resistance. There is of course absolutely no need for this in typical A7 usage. I ordered mine specifically to fix an issue with kinking of the lower hose.