The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Numberplate Transfer Question
Back in the past, the numberplate was lost from my Mk1 Pearl and issued with a reverse issue London number [414 XUW] which ive never liked the look of on the car.

Around 5 years ago i purchased a 1934 Morris Minor as somthing different, but it was no Austin Seven so i done very little with it. In the late 1990s someone had the original number plate off of that tho, and i was issed with an age related plate, a previous owner to me howver must not have liked it, and aquired a mid 1930s issued Merionethshire, Wales "LFF" Number plate. 

The time has come to part ways with the Morris and so ive had the LFF number off it and onto retention, an inspector from the DVLA was out to ensuire the car was complete and roadworthy, and it has been issued with its Age related number again on a Non-Transferable basis. 

I tried earlier to swap the "LFF number onto the pearl, but the DVLA are saying it is not possible to do online. Reading the rules, it would appear my Pearl needs an MOT and then this should go through easily enough. 

Before i pay for an MOT tho, had anyone been in a similar position ?
Just as a matter of interest, my Velocette lost its original number and was issued with a Merioneth plate like yours as an age related plate and it is non transferable!
Yes, LFF was issued as an age-related plate in the early 1990s and they would normally be non-transferable; occasionally age-related numbers get were mistakenly issued without the restriction.
My RP also had an NFF registration before I exported it. It was also marked "non-transferable".
According to:

Merionethshire car registration letter code FF (oldclassiccar.co.uk)

Which, I hasten to add, is not infallible, the last "naturally occurring" FF registration before year letters were introduced, was HFF in 1963, which would indicate that the subsequent letters (JFF, KFF, LFF etc.) were issued by DVLA Swansea as "Age Related" plates, probably in the 'nineties.
To clarify, I have the LFF on retention and ready for transfer, the morris now has an MXS number on it.

Regardless of LFF being a reissue, I still think it looks better than the reverse issue it currently wears.

MOT booked for tomorrow, so we will try again later in the week
It's a sensitive issue, isn't it? We obtained an "age (un)related" registration for my grandson Henry's 1937 Ruby bitser last year
and were fortunate enough to be allocated SXS 665, which could pass for a 1950s Paisley issue. I'd have been mortified if it had been a numbers/letters reversal!
To conclude this, I have received back from the DVLA the revised V5 with the new number, which I feel is much more fitting than a reverse issue. 

"Cherished" plates are not supposed to make a car look younger than it is e.g. a 2002 car cannot have a plate from 2005 - but is it possible to put a later number e.g 3002 PL last seen on a Morris Minor I believe, on a car registered as "Historic"? I know that you cannot put a prefix or current style plate on such a car, but what about all types before those? I can't see it being a problem, but, who knows?
Given that the DVLA have been issuing registrations with three numbers before three letters to pre-War cars, I think they would have a hard job justifying a rejection...