The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radiator Support bracket pattern :-)
Good morning chaps, 

Need a little help, does anyone have a pattern of a swb radiator support ? I dont believe its complicated but as I'm about to start building up the front end of my car it would be a great help...

Pictures would also be a big help :-)

Many thanks Matt
What type of rad shell do you have?
It's almost certain that one of the three types stocked by https://www.a7c.co.uk/ will be suitable. The company is closed until May 25th.
There are three different types of bracket for the non-Ruby radiator shells. Hopefully the photos make it clear. The simplest type has a fixing hole through the front of the cowl and is used on some of the intermediate height shells but not all.
Regards,

Stuart
.jpg   rad brackets a.jpg (Size: 147.46 KB / Downloads: 168)
.jpg   rad brackets b.jpg (Size: 163.35 KB / Downloads: 169)
.jpg   three types of rad brackets.jpg (Size: 199.89 KB / Downloads: 170)
Many thanks for all the replies, I have a Ulster repo cowl and the short rad brackets will be, now on my wish list...

Just a case of finding them :-) I'll certainly try A7C any other ideas ??

Stuart I'm impressed with your research to find the differences, Dare I ask why :-)

Many thanks Matt
You can ask, Matt, but the answer isn't very exciting!
Some years ago I was having a transoceanic correspondence with a friend who had much the same query as yours. The pictures saved a lot of typing.
They were still lurking in the computer so I thought you might as well see them.

Regards,

Stuart
A 4th type exists, in addition to Stuart’s collection above.

This is used on the early cowl that was in production up until 1928, these shells were mostly painted black.

Thumbs Up 
Thanks Stuart & Ruairidh

now there is a comprehensive list for future special builders :-)

Many thanks for the help
I have a pair of the 'short and Ulster' type brackets but lacking the square radiator support which holds the felt. I feel sure that these bits could easily be made from sheet (I would use galvanised because I have it). If you are interested in my brackets send me a private message and we can talk.
Robert