The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wheel nut angle
Wheel nut angle.

Does anyone know the correct angle for the wheel nuts

Thanks
I can't actually answer but what ever it was I increased it slightly to make allowance for wear in the wheel and also shortened it at the pointy end to make sure it didn't bottom on the hub thread. I have over the years collected quite a few steel ones which don't suffer wear like brass, I wonder which make they may have come from?
I can't answer your question except to say that I binned them several decades ago and replaced them with penny washers and 3/8" BSF nylocs, which don't come undone. 

I've just bought some nice 1/8" thick washers x 3/8" x x 1.5" so let me know if you need supplier details.
At first I thought the answer was 'horizontal', but then realised I would have to allow for the camber. Then I realised the question was perhaps referring to the chamfer on the end?

I have just looked at a new brass wheel nut, an old brass not and an old chromed one. As far as I can tell - with a set-square - the chamfer is 45 degrees. Is it critical?