The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morris Minor Production film
https://youtu.be/vhktGh5JrGU

Yes I know it's a Morris but the enclosed is most interesting. 
Comparing their methods with those I've seen of Austin's production, many look quite primitive.
Most interesting to see volume car production 90 years ago. And, as you say Chris, pretty primitive almost bordering on the crude compared with other car manufacturers' films of the era.
Interesting that they claim 20bhp - that sounds like MG M-Type territory.
Wasn't the over head cam Minor engine used in the MG.
Yes. When Kimber started MG he took one look at the OHC Minor camshaft and saw there was zero overlap and immediately came up with what became known as the 12/12 design which gave a more sparkling performance, rasing the 20BHP of the original engine to 27BHP. The original engine was of Wolseley design...
Hugh,

I thought the origins of the OHC engine came from E Wrigley whom Morris took over around three years prior to his take over of Wolseley's.
Wrigley's were manufacturers of axles and transmissions but had designed an OHC engine similar to what became the Morris unit, albeit rather more complex and thus more costly.
Engine design and their evolution is a tricky subject to research!
I noted a couple of things which I find curious. First off, the engine was apparently run up to full power with very little, if any, running in. Unless they didn't show that part. When spray painting the chassis, I'm surprised that the engine was installed along with the radiator and cowl. One would expect that there would be a lot of overspray.

Erich in Mukilteo.
Certainly running a newly assembled engine up to fairly full revs and indicating 20 hp is either a tribute to engine design or pretty fictional!