The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ignition/throttle hand control arm innards
Hello all, 

I'm missing the various innards of my ignition/throttle hand control levels, that hood the levers in place. I think these consist of a forked piece that sit against the plate, a spring, and a grub screw.

I don't believe these are available from the usual suppliers (happy to be corrected!) so I might put something together myself. 

The main question I have is if anyone can tell me what the thread inside the levers is?

Many thanks!
RupertW.

Thread is 5/16" BSF. The head is slotted to take a screwdriver and has a hole the other end just over 3/16" dia x 1/4" deep to take a 3/16" diameter spring.
The forked piece acting on the quadrant plate I believe is copper, again 3/16" diameter.

If you want more specific dimensions PM me.
That's super thank you very much for providing that information. I think I have everything to hand to put that all together as well. Slowly putting things right on the car one thing at a time!
Further to Chris's answer, here are some quickly taken shots of the first effort that I made up for mine - also completely missing when I bought the car. A kind member of the forum sent me some suitable springs - but the ones I ended up using came from an assorted batch on eBay.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Brilliant that's also really helpful - much appreciated!