The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ensign Tyres
My next door neighbour has a Box saloon fitted with new (looking) Ensign tyres.

"3.50 x 19      Tube Type   Nylon      58S     Max load 515 lbs @ 33 psi"    inscribed on the sidewalls

Inflated to 20 psi, they look as if they could take another 10, at least.   Quite soggy.

Does anyone have experience of these tyres, please?
Sorry, I don't know.
But on the topic of age, any tyre made in the last quarter of a century should have a 3- or 4-digit date code (WW/YY) on the sidewall.
Is this they? https://www.vintagetyres.com/ensign-universal-350-19

Steve
I'm not sure that I'd ride a Vincent Black Shadow - as listed by the seller as being suitable - on one of those. Who makes them - and where?
Steve,

That looks like it would be a good trials tyre. Shame it’s only rated to 113mph
You're not the first to say that, David, but not permitted on VSCC Trials.

Steve
That looks like the tyre, I thought it was probably a 'bike tyre.
Pay no attention to the tread. As noted above, look for correct info on the sidewalls. Whilst the Avon sidecar tyre saw much use on Sevens, the Ensign looks rather less suitable.
But on the topic of age, any tyre made in the last quarter of a century should have a 3- or 4-digit date code (WW/YY) on the sidewall.
That is except Longstone tyres.
(21-04-2023, 10:17 AM)Dave Mann Wrote: But on the topic of age, any tyre made in the last quarter of a century should have a 3- or 4-digit date code (WW/YY) on the sidewall.
That is except Longstone tyres.

? Mine do...