The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chummy Hood Frame and Support
Hi, 
I have a trials chummy which is made up from bits from a number of years. Running gear is fundamentally 1929/1930. I have a hood frame with the car which I wanted to try and fit, however it doesn't seem to sit quite right with it being narrower than the body tub. 
I suspect it is an Austin frame but would like to confirm that. 
Also I noticed today that the rear hood supports should the 4 fixing type of the AE  tourer (holes present on the body) rather than the earlier single bold and strap type bracket available from the Seven Workshop. 

First of all the frame, is it austin, is it chummy, roughly what year might it be? I have attached some photos. When it is up it seems to sit quite nicely on the car but the attachment points of for the front wooden beam are narrower than the windscreen up rights. All of the sections are made from flat steel, none are tubular. See attached photos. 

If it is the right frame I could do with getting hold of the right supports with the 4 hole fixing. If it isn't the right frame I could do with tracking down one, and hopefully swapping or selling this one. 

Sorry for my ignorance, I have been around Austins for 27 years now, but never had a "standard" car and really don't know about the production bits. 

Thanks

Tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Someone more knowledgeable than me will confirm, but I'm fairly sure that the later AE Chummies are a couple of inches wider than the earlier models, so it sounds like your hood frame may be from an earlier car.

My AE also has the four hole hood rest mounting points, although like you I'm also missing the rests so can't help with that I'm afraid