The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chassis Damage Repair
Looking at the rear spring mount for my Ruby, I found the damage shown in the photograph. I can replace the spring U bolt, assuming that I can get one, but does anyone have any suggestions for repairing the chassis? I envisage folding a U section and welding it over the chassis, but I would be interested in other ideas.

Jamie.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

A good clean may show up more cracks further along. The missing piece is not much of a worry  but an easy fix. We'd be interested in seeing a picture after the clean.
Ian Dunford had the spring U bolts, I assume Tanya now has them. Ruairidh Dunford will know.
Jim
Thank you for the replies. I shall contact Tanya for replacement U bolts.

It will be a while before I can give the area a thorough clean, but a quick scrub with a wire brush did not reveal any immediate problems.

Looking at the edges of the missing section of the chassis, it appears to have been cut. The edges are straight, with no signs of bending or distress.

Regards,

Jamie
Ian is still selling the remainder of his U bolts, he finds lifting the springs too much for him these days, so U bolts are all he sells now.

You can get him on iandunford@blueyonder.co.uk