The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clutch lever half collar
Hi everyone, I have taken my clutch apart as it was not operating correctly. One of the mousetrap springs was snapped and a clutch lever half collar was missing. I have found replacement springs on the austin seven workshop website but I can’t find the half collars. Does anyone know were I can buy the half collars from?

Many thanks in advance.
Do you mean collets?

As fitted to the very late clutches? I’ve not seen any new ones for some time, but they may be available.

Tony Betts may be able to supply to a second hand one…
Just to clarify, i have attached a drawing found on the cornwall austin seven club page.

Attached Files
.gif   DD2C2049-8FDF-45B6-9506-B44366BC8875.gif (Size: 109.9 KB / Downloads: 270)
That’s the type I am referring to, above.
Ok great thanks, i’ll reach out to Tony Betts.
Half Collar is almost certainly correct. My terminology is often incorrect, because I am not a trained engineer, much to delight of those who are.

Good luck finding one and come back to me if you cannot, I may be able to help if Tony cannot.
Hi, i’ve been unable to get hold of one. If you do have one, i would gladly take it off your hands.

Please let me know if you locate one. Obviously i’ll pay.

My number is 07402929888 if it is easier to message me direct.
Luke,

If you are in Bristol, are you a member if the Bristol Austin Seven Club? If you are, our spares shed will be able to supply the part that you need. If not, you really ought to be!
I am a member of the BA7C, but I was unable to make it to the spares shed this weekend. 
Thankfully a nice chap has seen this post and is sending me some in the post.

Many thanks all.