The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Age Related Number? DS ----
I am trying to help someone who has inherited a 1928 Chummy which looks as if it was re-registered in 1995. The letter Pre-fix on the plate is DS followed by 4 numbers. Can anyone confirm my thoughts that this is likely to be an Age Related number rather than the original? 
Many thanks
David - Devon A7 Club.
If it helps, I had a 1926 Dodge Brothers tourer which had been imported from Australia.  It has an age related  DS number. 

I believe these were originally a Paisley area number.

[Image: IMG-0274.jpg]
The DS prefix series was used for re-issued age-related numbers in the early 1990s.
Thanks Ray, that does help to confirm my thoughts.

Thanks Mike
Earlier than that. I think my Chummy was registered in the early 80s... Certainly by 1986 at the latest..

When I joined Hull museums in 1975 the 1898 Panhard was registered as RAT***M Awful. I contacted the licencing office and they supplied a DS number.
My Chummy acquired its DS 7074 number in October 1993 after the DVLA refused to assign its original number, TP 9906, to the then owner as they maintained it had been " radically altered " in 1985. - It hadn't!
Smile 
Yes, DS is age related. We than had SV, then BF but BF ran out towards the end of last year. The new one is WC. What price WC 100!! Wink  They actually started at WC 1001 and are already heading towards WC 1100.

Steve
BF followed by WC, both of which have potentially pejorative connotations. Does someone in DVLA have a dry sense of humour, or have they been selected by some civil servant with thumb up b*m and mind in neutral?
No hidden agenda, neither were used in period (their might have been a few BF) so they're available to use now. Don't think that applies to any other pair of letters so much better these than the potential alternative. We should be pleased that they still look to give pre 1931 vehicles two letter/four number registrations.

Steve