The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Original - or an modification?
Hi guys,

The car in question belongs to a member of the Norfolk A7 Club, who has asked me to pass on the following (he is not a member of this forum)

" I don’t know how to add to the chat , could you oblige please. Spud is a 1930 AE, perhaps its 60 years in S Africa required extra vents. My large chart of all variants shows an AE with no discernible louvres, the 1930 AF has short scuttle, longer bonnet with double vents.
I’m not concerned about rivet counting originality,  Spud is fine and charming as she is. "

If anyone has any specific questions I will do my best to obtain an answer from him.
Rick

In deepest Norfolk
It’s a shame that he considers the interest as rivet counting (and nobody has said the car isn’t fine and charming as it is), but at least we have a plausible answer as to why it was modified.
(10-04-2023, 11:41 AM)Terrytuned Wrote: The green car is an AF stamped and confirmed by the records at Gaydon. Terry.
Thanks. So, presumably, it has an alloy body shell. If not and it's steel and stamped AF on the transmission tunnel, that would be really interesting and one more point of minutia to add to the growing list.....

(11-04-2023, 09:16 AM)Rick F Wrote: Hi guys,

The car in question belongs to a member of the Norfolk A7 Club, who has asked me to pass on the following (he is not a member of this forum)

" I don’t know how to add to the chat , could you oblige please. Spud is a 1930 AE, perhaps its 60 years in S Africa required extra vents. My large chart of all variants shows an AE with no discernible louvres, the 1930 AF has short scuttle, longer bonnet with double vents.
I’m not concerned about rivet counting originality,  Spud is fine and charming as she is. "

If anyone has any specific questions I will do my best to obtain an answer from him.

..and, with its SA history even more interesting in perhaps being converted by its owner to cope with the paint-blistering heat.
& Here are some photos of AG -Chitti-        
.jpg   IMG_0829.JPG (Size: 135.06 KB / Downloads: 103)
.jpg   IMG_2130.JPG (Size: 106.29 KB / Downloads: 103) (1357) bonnet...in it's barn in Ohio with its (probably) Hong Kong yellow paint!) and restored before sale 
and also another AG (1425) that came as a BOGOF with an RK saloon from California! this one just about ran & looked better in the picture than it was - and was sold to a dealer in Kent(!)
The AG's both had Chassis numbers 149497 & 150346 (Spring 1932 is my estimate))
Sorry I may have repeated a picture, but I cannot delete it.
(09-04-2023, 07:08 PM)Howard Wright Wrote: Hi All

What is rather strange is on Tony’s original posting the louvres only fill the rear 3/4 of the panel.  

There is no room for the bonnet catch?  Tony I hope you don’t mind me asking if this is not your expert photoshopping in play?

Cheers

Howard

No Photoshop used - it was just a photograph taken from Facebook.
Hi Tony

Thanks for the clarification. I still wonder how the cut down Louvred bonnet was fixed down. Perhaps a Louvre was flattened to receive the peg that holds the catch.

Cheers

Howard