The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3-Bearing Crankcase Wanted
As per the thread title,
Looking for a 3 Bearing Crankcase  to help out a fellow Austin 7 owner in Italy, Yes I have asked before, but this time
his C/Case is damaged beyond repair !!!!! Rod though the side, and no, the local welder messed it all up, so s-crap .
I think I may be able to help, thought the one I have has a foot knocked off. I have the bit, so it will need welding (though perhaps not by his local chap) IT may not be your best option so let us see what other offers you get?

hth...

HUgh
(03-04-2023, 02:24 PM)Bluebird7 Wrote: As per the thread title,
Looking for a 3 Bearing Crankcase  to help out a fellow Austin 7 owner in Italy, Yes I have asked before, but this time
his C/Case is damaged beyond repair !!!!! Rod though the side, and no, the local welder messed it all up, so s-crap .
I've not had,or seen a crankcase welded up on the side that's been any good.either you are chasing the crack or the distortion twists the camshaft bores out of line.(2 brg)
Anyone had experience of laser welding and cost ?
You should also look on here re 3 brg crankcase bearing alignment as many seem to be out of line which will reduce the crankshaft life.
Mods to the centre bearing for more pressure,i.e. Blanking the feed to camshaft centre brg etc,extra centre block stud etc for a reliable engine.
I've seen patches bolted over holes in crankcases, and still apparently giving good service; but it rather depends on the hole. The only time I put ironware through the case the destruction was fairly comprehensive.
Thanks Ruairidh, my friend Andrew and link to our Italian friend, should be giving you a call soon to discuss further. cheers Alan.
Dave. 
Re: Laser welding
Yes, I have on an Ulster crankcase. No distortion at all but somewhat eye wateringly expensive.