The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucas New Alto Horn HF722
Hi Everyone

I was wondering if anyone has an original Lucas New Alto HF722 6V horn?

I'm just interested to see a picture of the internals and also to find out the Lucas Service Number for that model version/voltage.

Thanks

Matthew
Here's a 12-volt one. Perhaps it could be run from a step-up transformer or a separate miniature 12-volt battery? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394447326007?...gJ4VfD_BwE
These might help:

.jpg   2a3c4d205fc5abcae700fccc9ca37e5f922e1130_2_690x411.jpg (Size: 147.21 KB / Downloads: 243)

http://www.bobine.nl/jaguar/13-electrica...3-to-1961/

Mine is 6V, but there is no service number marked on the label.
Hi Tony & Chris

Thanks for your replies. They are very helpful.

I should of mentioned in my original post, the reason for my question is that I recently purchased a HF722 advertised as 6V. I now believe it to be a 12V, based on a '12' stamping on the plate fixed on the back.

I'm just questioning it because all the other 12V ones I have seen are stamped like the one on Ebay. Mine has no such markings.

I was hoping the internals of a 6V and 12V would be visibly different due to the windings.  I'm intrigued to know if there is any other way of definitively telling the difference between the two?

Chris, out of interest is your 6V horn marked as such anywhere in particular?

Thanks again

Matthew
Mine is marked as such on the rim, comme ci:

Hi Chris

Thanks for the picture. I appreciate it.

It is exactly the sort of marking I was expecting mine to have, alas it doesn't.

I think mine must be a 12V one.

Thanks again

Matthew
Have you tried connecting it to a 6V battery? If it made a decent beep personally I'd be satisfied.
Hi Chris

Unfortunately I don't have a functioning 6V battery at the moment, but like you say I'm sure it will work ok when its wired up.

I think I was just more intrigued by the mechanics of trying to work out if it was indeed a 6V or 12V. 

Thanks again

Matthew