The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another magazine cover... from Facebook
(23-03-2023, 11:02 PM)Steve kay Wrote: Having been buying 2BA nuts and washers on line, no other way possible, I briefly return to Sevenworld. So might skilled analysts of images and motoring history be able to tell us who ate the tin of anchovies?

15 minutes later; I have just been informed that it is a sardine tin. Still does not explain who ate them.

The picnicking family - who are now trapped under the car.
Of course, and that is why the wee doggie is looking for a new home.
@Tony Griffiths
Hello Tony,
No, after the photo had been published, I wanted to know more about the magazine and the Austrian National Library has a digitalized version on its homepage. There are many other Frontpage that show scenes with cars but none with a Dixi/Austin.
Kind regards
Frank
Thank you, Frank. Looking at copies for sale online, Sport im Bild appears to have been going for many decades. Post 1945 copes appear to feature a variety of sports on the front page.
Another Sport im Bild Cover. Thanks to Frank for letting us know about the collection, and to Milke Costigan for passing on the link.  https://anno.onb.ac.at/cgi-content/anno-plus?aid=sib - where with some searching, you'll find lots of fascinating 1920s and 1930s covers.
This most unusual and detailed one shows a 1930 "traffic jam" in the USA that includes some rather strange vehicles. https://anno.onb.ac.at/cgi-content/anno-...47&size=45
Click the image for an even clearer picture.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

No propellers on the suspended monorail car, so not just along the road from you, Rhuaridh.

Added, a few moment’s research indicates that the Belgian artist, Mark Severin, who lived for a long time in London, made no recorded visits to Milngavie. A bit early in the morning to do further investigation of his erotic etchings.
Is that Daisy's proposed new build Seven in the bottom left of the image? Or inspiration perhaps? Big Grin Big Grin 

Mention of the monorail <No propellers on the suspended monorail car, so not just along the road from you, Rhuaridh.> , triggered my memory of the Bennie Monorail with its prop driven railcars .How far away was it from you?

Bob