The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bonnet Corner Rubbers
Well we all know what these are!!??

Silly question  -   How are they supposed to fit?    My bonnet has holes close to the corners and my rubbers are held in place with bifurcated rivets that don't show on the outside.

I am fitting new ones, so can someone please tell me how they should be mounted?    I do have copper and black bif-rivets.

Personal irrelevant note - "bifurcated" was one of my first 50 words as my Dad was an airframes fitter.  I am a Met Man (or was) and one of my daughters first words was " Contrail"
Mine are glued on with gorilla glue. Haven’t had them fall off yet in four years of motoring.
I found the ones supplied nowadays are too soft and won't stay in place with the bifurcated rivet, so none are fitted to my bonnet.
Yes, I too have some of those and just haven’t got around to fitting them...I’d love to know what the correct fitting is!
I fixed mine with a small screw and nut.  I put a washer under the screw head to spread the load. They have stayed put for over 20 years.
Same here. Screw and nut.
Superglue - have been on a long time - they have saved dinting the headlights.
Machine screw, washer, nut. Been on for years.
Screw and nut for me too, with flexible squidge inside to seal and stop it becoming a water/rust trap.
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Call me dim! - well the better-half does.

SO (as the kids say today) does that mean passing the screw (bolt) through the whole rubber from outside to inside OR just through the inside edge of the rubber so nothing shows on the outside??

Given that the rubbers are supposed to provide a cushion between metal and metal? - does the nut and washer not contact the body of the car?

Help