The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josie and Gez UK tour
Agreed on the RNLI aspect. Many people don't realise it is a charitable organisation and wrongly assume it is something to do with the Maritime and Coastguard Agency. There is a program on the TV at the moment called 'Saving Lives at Sea' which shows their volunteer spirit and the rescues they perform...
Anyone on here who was in Round Table in 1977 will remember when, nationally, we raised sufficient funds to buy the RNLI a then state-of-the-art Waveney-class lifeboat. The cost back then was £150,000 but we ended up raising well over £200,000 and the additional money funded several other projects for the charity.

By sheer good luck the 'Louis Marchesi' was first stationed at Newhaven, just down the road from where I was living and during commissioning trials I was treated to a 'ride' on her in fairly rough seas. An unforgettable experience and one which cemented to this day the RNLI as my charity of choice.

Gez - are you setting up a Just Giving page for donations?
Agreed Chris
People who don't actually understand GDPR have a habit of seeing doom and despair all around.

Charles
I had forgotten about the dread Data Protection scam. F F S , can't one offer a fellow traveller, motorist, human a helping hand without paranoid intrusions? I despair...
(18-03-2023, 10:26 AM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: I had forgotten about the dread Data Protection scam. F F S , can't one offer a fellow traveller, motorist, human a helping hand without paranoid intrusions? I despair...

There is absolutely nothing to stop the publication of a Breakdown Register or similar in the data protection laws.  There are a few things to be aware of, but nothing much.

Charles
Hi everyone
We are astounded by the response.
Thanks to everyone offering help and assistance. I will be setting up a just giving page soon and will let everyone know about it.
I will also be contacting all clubs with an article about Josie and my exploits for adding to their magazines as we realise some Austineers do not use computers or Facebook.
Thanks everyone
Keep the Wheels Turning !
Gez and Josie

Hi Nick
Probably not as I am attending a close friends 60th party the night before and we will have to double check everything (for at least the 10th time!)
Hi Gez

I hope you’ll keep the forum posted as to your progress?  If we’re around when you pass through Wales we’d be happy to help.

AND once you’ve completed it…..do write up an article for the Grey Mag!!

Cheers

Howard
Hi Emma
Josie and I would be delighted to stay with you on the 28th July.
This does depend on Josie!
I will need your phone number to contact you nearer the time if that is ok.
My email Address is gezparton@hotmail.com
Keep The Wheels Turning
Regards
Gez
Gez, Porthcawl is only 12 miles from Port Talbot. I cannot offer help with camping, but if you need any technical/maintenance help contact me via south Wales Austin Seven Club web page.
John Williams.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjM8S7EDytA