The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RK Saloon Gutter Profile
Iam in the process of rebuilding an 1929 RK saloon, the car is currently sitting on its wheels, and has had a new timber Martin Prior wooden roof installed. The next project is to recover the roof, but i will require the alloy gutters. 

I have advertised to no avail to buy them and last week i was speaking to Andrew Goodfellow of Creative Metalwork regarding another project he is working on for me and he has said he could produce a pair, but would need one to copy, or a sktch showing the profile, height etc along with a few photos. 

Can anyone help me with this request?
I did save a post about making new gutters, but for the moment I can't find it! 
As I remember it was a fairly simple process, folding and shaping 16 swg? sheet aluminium over a wooden former.

This is a slice of original from my RP.

.jpeg   Scan 10.jpeg (Size: 20.78 KB / Downloads: 219)
Hi John

My RK has an aluminium j profile gutter.  Not sure if this is the original profile but it came with the car when I bought it.

This section looks similar.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275256250952?...media=COPY

.jpeg   F431ED49-D47B-4A9F-BCA7-9B5095D4A2F6.jpeg (Size: 77.07 KB / Downloads: 165)

Cheers

Howard
You have a peep mirror Howard...you hot rodder!

Back to the gutter profile, I think the standard RP style J profile is pretty much identical.
(08-03-2023, 08:33 PM)Ivor Hawkins Wrote: You have a peep mirror Howard...you hot-rodder

All the better to see you with  Big Grin.

Cheers

Howard
Actually, the peep mirror is a good idea, I may get one myself!
I bought the gutter aluminium from B&Q in the mouldings rack for my RN. Might be worth a look amongst the sections there
I got mine for the Pytchley from a large caravan dealership.