The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
ANTIFREEZE CRYSTALS
Morning all. I noted my hoses were a bit crunchy, so thinking the Antifreeze has crystallised ,but before I pull the lot out and jet wash and flush, is there any product that will break this problem down? Not quite sure what antifreeze is in the cooling system. will use Bluecol on refill.
Any suggestions appreciated.
Regards
Usually the problem arises when the coolant has been diluted too much. The crystals will melt as the temperature rises, so I would suggest drain once it has and refill with a good quality ethanol based antifreeze (Bluecol is excellent) with a mixture somewhere between 30 to 50 per cent antifreeze and the rest clean water. I use about a third mixture. Works ok for me.
Thanks David, hadn't realised it was that simple to correct. Some have mentioned in the past here about putting some kind of central heating fluid into the rad.
 I wondered if that method would have applied to my situation.
Heating system corrosion Inhibitor is possibly a good idea, given that it’s the block that corrodes and it tends to stop it getting any worse, but most good antifreezes have a corrosion inhibitor mixed in anyway.