The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running Board hole spacing
Hi all.  I need some help with the dimensions of the hole spacing on the mounting edge of the running boards. The ones that came with the car had been trimmed off so I've had to repair them but I have no holes for mounting at the moment.

The pic is from the parts book and shows six holes which I am assuming is correct. If anyone can tell me the hole spacing as per the picture I'd be most grateful.
Thanks,
Stephen

Attached Files
.jpg   RUNNING BOARD INFO.jpg (Size: 38.81 KB / Downloads: 385)
I forgot to add that the body pan is new so there are no holes on it that can give me the dimensions for the running boards.
Stephen
If you are drilling new into both parts can't you just take a guide from the flat length and divide it up?
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Yes I could Andy but I would kind of like to be close to the original as possible if you know what I mean?
Thanks for the input. Smile 
Stephen
Hi Steve - what is the date & model of your car?
Hi David, My car is a 1929 AD type body (soon to be a van).
Thanks Steve - may be different from my 1925 car so probably better if an AD owner can provide the measurements. (Apologies for forgetting that you are building a repro van!)
Hi David, thank you, that's ok. I've run into other issues with the running boards as they've been butchered for length and width, which means a lot of repair before I can attempt to install them.

I could only just get the worst of the two running boards onto the car but everything was highly stressed and twisted which then made me do a comparison of the two side by side and only then did it become apparent that they had been modified, probably to cut away rust.

So now I have to add sheet metal to fix both ends and the fronts to align properly.

The work never ends.
Stephen