The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friends' Gallery Picture of the Month - March 2023
A 1935 Ruby adapted for daily use by a South African clergyman, from the front cover of a 1965 Austin Magazine.

As it's our anniversary today I would have loved that for our wedding car in 1975. We had to make do with my old J4 van...
I wonder if the front half of the Ruby is pulling a pair of donkeys somewhere in the Bush?
2 donkeys = 1 horse, so what did the 7 need the extra 6 horses for ?
Two more horses to cope with the heavier half of the car which has been discarded, two horses to cope with the extra carrying capacity, and two more horses to go rather fasterĀ  Big Grin
A horse can produce about 15 horsepower.
Alan Fairless
The rear bumper is in better nick than mine.

Points of interest - not least - colour, rear tyre size, number plate, curtains... moth-eaten appearance of ass on the left.
A schoolboy can produce about one horsepower when breaking school rules and sprinting up stairs, or so my physics master, "Pop Robbo" used to say.
He could have been right, given that 1 hp is 33,000 foot pounds per minute, which is equivalent to a well built and fit schoolboy weighing 12 stones and running up a 12 feet flight in a little under 4 seconds.