The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accessories
I like the look of the screen wiper, there is a home made version on our Ulster, works well.
In addition to the items I posted previously (yes, Gordon, I think it was your 'Stop' light I saw at Moreton) my Saloon also has this bracket bolted to the underside of the off side dashboard pocket - not the best photos, it's a bit awkward to photograph.

It looks to have been there a long time but I've no idea what is supposed to be fastened to it.

Steve
Steve, your bracket under the drivers glovebox looks as if it might have had a small map-reading light attached.   The serrations on the bracket suggest that something was fitted that could be adjusted for angle.
Certainly could be, Malc. If nothing else, if I could find out what it is, it'd be worth more than it is now when I don't know for sure!! Wink Wink 

Steve
… or could it be for the windscreen washer manual pump. Fitted in the 70’s I think in some confusion with the requirements for non opening windscreens. 

I don’t know just thinking. Smile
Might it be for a beneath-the-dash footwell light - as is de rigueur on modern cars? Our Ruby, with LED bulbs in the dash, enjoys the same effect - though adjusting the brightness by angling the hinged bulbs holders takes 30 minutes of dismantling and fiddling about - not the 10 seconds of the modern (not that I bother with either, of course).
Two scans from 'Practical Motorist', August 1938.

The Halfords advert shows Steve's 'STOP' lamp.   Interesting that some items are described as 'Foreign', presumably not China!

The advert for Witham's is interesting to compare the cost of routine spares for the Austin 7 relative to the cost today.        
I’d love one of those copper/rawhide mallets for 2/2! (11p!)in the days when anything foreign was immediately suspect!

I have a full set of Ace trims that came with one of my Rubies. Had them fitted for while but prefer the look of the wires.