The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interchangeable Suspension Links?
“Complete Knock Down” I think. That is “in component form”.
It was rumoured that a number of Autin A35 pick ups had been exported to Australia CKD, and like the Burmese Spitfires  of legend were still awaiting discovery in some dark corner.

CKD - completely knocked down, a kit of parts for reassembly...

I my case, two body shells hung from the ceiling, two chassis leaning upright against the shelves and boxes of spares filling the floor space.
My name is Nick and I'm an Austoholic.

Right, got it. And the ETA?
(18-02-2023, 01:00 AM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: Right, got it. And the ETA?

Assuming you asking about the time line for assembling them back into something resembling automobiles, phase 1 is to sell, give away and or dump the contents of the boxes, depending on usefulness and saleability... one way or another by the summer. Phase 2 is to reassemble the pink chassis and older body with a running engine and some nice bits to move on. That is planned to be out of the way by the end of the year... then it's time to re-start building the second... which has always been a 25 year project (hope springs etrernal)

It's not the winning, it's the taking part that counts!
I note like me you have a very useful tool in the form of a small porters truck.
Thank you for the further replies, suggestions and the sketch which has made things clearer. Not knowing the relative lengths of the short and long damper arms, it is hard to know which are fitted to the car. I shall try the suggestion of fitting one and lifting the car to check the risk of a short link going over centre, but I shall fit a pair of long links to be on the safe side.

Regards,

Jamie.
If your car is a Ruby it will have a 'Low' frame(chassis) and short rear shock absorber arms with long links.
Replacement long link on order.