The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Primrose Paint
I have been contacted by a chap in New Zealand who is asking aboout Primrose paint that he has on his 1928 16/6. He has been in touch with a UK paint supplier who can provide the paint but is thwarted by not being able to export it. 

Does anyone have a suggestion for a modern colour that he might be able to get mixed locally?

thanks..

Hugh

D1928 16/6
Have a look at a 70's  Holden colour. I think it is Cameo yellow,
Find the RAL colour equivalent and get it in NZ. Or ask kindly of the UK supplier for the mix ratios and e-mail to your friend.
If he is trying to match what is on the car then it could of course be an unoriginal yellow anyway, or a NZ yellow if coachbuilt and painted locally, so if searching out a modern likeness to his car why doesn't he just go to a local paint shop with a piece of trim and get it matched to what he has? or am I missing a nuance?
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
The chap believes the paint to be original but it is badly faded so thinks that it would probaby not be the best sample to get matched..

But thanks to the suggestions here and those sent through to archivist@a7ca.org I have been able to make a number of suggestions which the chap is following up..

Thanks to all who have contributed...
Hello,
when looking for modern equivalents to the colours of the RP version, the ATDC brochure was very helpful, which also mentions Primrose Yellow. Here is the RAL code 1023, which is really yellowish and does not really match the Primrose shown on the Craftmaster homepage (digital comparison only), but.... perhaps another reference.
Regards 
Frank