The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Improvements at Lubenham
A good step forward at the Archive today with the addition of some new shelving. This will achieve two things. One, it will give us extra space to store some of the new additions we have had over the past year or so and, two, it will allow us to start making bespoke boxes to house items in the collection. As we make the boxes, the items will be moved to the new shelves and gradually improve the whole storage approach in the collection.  As a result, we will be adding 'location' data to the catalogue. enabling items to be retrieved quickly and accurately. Ultimately, the Catalogue will be posted on the Archive web site, so it can be queried to give you a good idea what is held in the collection. Not all items will be digitised, of course, but will be catalogued...

Hugh
That’s a whole lot better organised than my workshop!

Well done Hugh and thanks for all that you do for us.
Well done Hugh & helpers - that looks very neat and a good improvement.
Great job Hugh
What a superb resource we have. All the hard work is very much appreciated.
Well done,
It looks like you needed that Christmas dinner on Sunday to get all that done. I must arrange a visit with our club editor, he likes archives and history.

Regards

The other Hugh
Excellent, what good work. Any chance of you offering master classes in library and archive organisation to other clubs?
To be honest I have, over the years, spoken to a number of other motoring organisations about their approaches to Archiving. I hope they have proved helpful. I did offer to speak to the FBHVC conference after they appointed an Archive person but that went nowhere. I do worry that organisations just think, oh let's get everything scanned and that's it. Of course, the truth of it is that that's just the start of it and, to be clear, is the easy bit. There now appear to be relationships being put in place with firms offering scanning services that would seem (to me) to be a sprat to catch a mackerel. I fear some of these organistions fail to see the bigger picture..

However, the rest of the Team and I have our hands full with what needs to be done at home and offering support to other organisations is not really something we have the bandwidth for...
Fantastic work - A tremendous undertaking for any professional company, let alone a group of volunteers who only do this in their spare time. 

These efforts are very much appreciated.