The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1936 - where is this Ruby?
December 1936 Austin Magazine. Where is this Ruby?

Attached Files
.jpg   Ruby whereA.jpg (Size: 196.83 KB / Downloads: 557)
Cockington in Devon was a favourite place for photo shoots; I don't know whether that's what we have here, but I suspect so.
It’s on the chassis register but no club details.
Was it on this trip, or another?  (Same hat.)

(Several of these Austin magazines on ebay at the moment.)
More of the same...

May 1943 - That is the ford at Allerford.  Here is me just on the other side in 1967 with my first Nippy (with Bowden Engineering twin spring IFS from sadly now closed down Ottery-St-Mary engineering Devon firm.) EJ 4322 now sadly seems to have disappeared unless someone has it tucked away?  Yes it too had a BMC A engine.  It was sold in 1967 or 68 to enable me to buy my uniform to go to sea.  I Married in 1968 and not long after was able to buy a second Nippy

Just in case ford too deep?  NO- this was just a trip, with wife to be to the seaside for a spot of sea canoeing (16 foot).,

See next post for second Nippy + wife + baby + son at same Allerford spot.

Allerford again.  Here is my second Nippy with wife and baby on lap and son.....yes we were all touring in Nippy.....no luxurious 4 seater like Ruaridh!!

Sadly later visit showed stream bed washed out and ford no longer passable.  Notice tree and small barn over my left shoulder also had already gone.

Well photo would be here but WARNING says file too big and I don't know how to resize.....can I email it to a kind person to include it in this post and remove this remark.
Just email it to me and I'll post it for you Dennis.

jeffreytaylor@macace.net

Jeff.
Here are Dennis Nicholas' two additional photos that I'm posting on his behalf including his written captions:

"Further info; My son now in his 50's so a long time ago".

"To continue the story .... here are the other one and a half Nippies that came with ATR 860 (taken early 1970's). They are in the same condition now as neither daughter nor son interested / capable in restoration. They must now both go as I'm too old / unhealthy to contemplate restoration even after I get ATR 860 back on the road. One was a pressure fed. BGX 660 Mk1 Ruby also sitting in same barn needing relinered engine. So the proverbial 'barn finds' for someone."

"Dennis"
Love the Riley! I’ll get me coat...
Lovely photos Dennis.