The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cranck case problems
I had to remove a broken stud from a block, and i tried to weld a nut on with no success and i found online [possibly on here] that a diamond tipped tile core drill can be used to "core out" the tap and not interfear with the surrounding metalwork 

Iam sure it was a dewalt branded one i used, but cannot remember the size, but this is the type of drill bit used

https://www.screwfix.com/p/erbauer-diamo...lsrc=aw.ds
When I've been faced with similar challenges, whether in aluminium or steel. I enlisted the help of a friendly tool maker, who used his spark eroder to core out the offending item. Very clean and precise.
I wish I had a friendly local toolmaker with a spark eroder! You are very lucky..
Hi, all done it was an' easy out' that was snapped off in the hole. A good hard wack with a punch, and my hammer. And out it came in bits. Thanks all. Stuart
A lesson learnt, and hopefully also by all who read, NEVER repeat NEVER use an easy out on a bolt of stud that breaks when you try to undo it. They are not designed to remove seized studs or bolts, and ultimately will make the situation worse as many have discovered to their cost
Black Art Enthusiast
When I had the misfortune to lose the head from a little ned bolt (new proper high tensile when fitted) I decided that the only way to save the piston was by mig welding a blob on the end of the broken bolt still inside the piston skirt. I managed this without damaging the piston, and took out the remains by means of a very small self-grip type wrench. With no tension on the bolt it was quite free in the thread of the conrod. Having removed the piston I washed the conrod in paraffin, I wiped it clean, inserted a new bolt and tightened it. A line of paraffin then spread down the sides of the crack on the centreline of the conrod web, so I had to find another rod.