The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sunvisor ruby
Hi Does anyone know if a 37 Ruby had a interior sun visor fitted when new ?
(15-02-2018, 07:14 PM)morrisminor Wrote: Hi Does anyone know if a 37 Ruby had a interior sun visor fitted when new ?

I have an Austin Seven saloon body parts list from April 1937, for cars from ARR 249701 onwards.  Under "Miscellaneous" on page 26 it lists  Interior Visor, offside (1 per car) Part Number 2H8043 and Interior Visor, nearside (1 per car) Part Number 2H8044.  I don't know whether this means both sides of the car were equipped, of if only the driver's side was fitted and there were different versions for Left and Right hand drive.
I believe a single visor was standard, I've never seen one for the left-hand side, so maybe that was for left-hand drive fitment?

The standard visor is a coloured glass panel with two chrome hinges -I don't think I've got a photo of one, but watch this space... !
There was one for sale on eBay a year or so back, I may have kept a copy of the vendors photo - I'll have a look.
The Rinsey Mills book shows two types on P54 - and says glass and chrome for the Pearl and a solid Rexine covered one for the Ruby, hinged to the right.

Colin
(15-02-2018, 09:24 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: I believe a single visor was standard, I've never seen one for the left-hand side, so maybe that was for left-hand drive fitment?

The standard visor is a coloured glass panel with two chrome hinges -I don't think I've got a photo of one, but watch this space... !

sorry mike.

i beleive the standard ruby visor was a grey material, covering a steel oblong frame. hinged at top corner.

the coloured glass version you are thinking of was fitted to the pearl cabriolet. a simular visor was also fitted ti riley cars. there were also the same glass visors made with auster badges on them, i take it they were after market accessories.

im sure someone has pics, if not if i come across some in the sort out ill picture them.

tony
My one-owner 1936 de-luxe Ruby had the glass visor, but that was a late ARQ model; perhaps the ARR Ruby had the Rexine version?
I have some glass and rexine (grey from memory) examples - no idea if they are correct but will try and find them to photograph.

.jpg   s-l400 (1).jpg (Size: 13.66 KB / Downloads: 290)

This is on eBay...
My Ruby (50th from last)  registered 31/12/1938 has a visor as per above, but one each side , curiosly it is also fitted with a tourer top hinge for a mirror to be fitted.