The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think was wrong with engine?
Choke jammed shut?
Hi Andrew

My tuppence worth:

Stuck Valve

or

Stuck advance mechanism
My second guess, Cylinder head gasket blown between two cylinders.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Out of your misery then.

One plug lead had come off and was resting on the cylinder head. I'm amazed how well it ran considering. Nice to have it going properly again though.
(31-12-2022, 03:58 PM)andrew34ruby Wrote: Out of your misery then.

One plug lead had come off and was resting on the cylinder head. I'm amazed how well it ran considering. Nice to have it going properly again though.

Lovely when it is something simple. Even lovelier when you discover it before you do something complicated. (Don't ask me how I know how wonderful this is)

cheers!
This happened to me in the Highland Coupe on a rather spirited run - I just about cried as we went from a singing 60mph, to suddenly running on three.  I was convinced I had blown it up, you have my sympathy.

Just wait until one of your fan blade snaps off, that is exciting.
(31-12-2022, 04:24 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: This happened to me in the Highland Coupe on a rather spirited run - I just about cried as we went from a singing 60mph, to suddenly running on three.  I was convinced I had blown it up, you have my sympathy.

Just wait until one of your fab blade snaps off, that is exciting.

I ran for over a year with no fan belt on. I simply turned the engine off in stationary traffic and it only threw a bit of water out when I forgot. At the moment the belt is back on, but if blades are known to snap I might take it off again.
It’s only ever happened to me once, in just over quarter of a million miles.

The vibration was extraordinary!