The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Christmas present
Hello again friends!

I hope you all had a nice and peaceful Christmas fest!

Yesterday I met an old friend, he has nothing to do with Austins, but presented me a blanket, if it ever got too cold in my garage...

I made a foto, it can be seen attached to this message. 

Did you also get nice gifts for Christmas? Let's see! Wink

Oliver

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

My (first) wife knitted me a jumper, I love it!

.jpeg   7DE4F3AF-31E7-4E56-9C40-BD53DA8C4151.jpeg (Size: 775.02 KB / Downloads: 593)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

My pre-wife knitted me a jumper but as I was resident 10000 miles away in the UK, and her imagination got the better, it arrived at least 10 sizes too big.  Her current husband still trying to put weight on 50 years later.  Big Grin
1956 my first girlfriend knitted me a very oversize green jumper - and I was there at the time Dodgy

I had to wear another jumper underneath when we congregated outside what was then Caulfield Institute of Technology (now changed to Monash University) to discuss last night's episode of The Goon Show Big Grin

.jpg   Caulield Institute.jpg (Size: 67.06 KB / Downloads: 549)
Hi Tomy

interesting, I was at RMIT and Caulflield from 1958 to 1962 whilst City Architect at Moorabbin and the owner of a 1926 Austin Seven

interesting times and lots of changes since, but still the proud owner of an A7, albeit a sportster based on a 1930 chassis.

Happy New Year
Bernard S
I got a collection of bsf/bsw taps and dies for Christmas, all in tins and well oiled, bought from fb marketplace. I don't know how my wife and/or old St Nick new I wanted them... 

Sadly the chap who kept them so nicely didn't end the year well. Sobering... I think I need to start sorting out my garage.
(30-12-2022, 10:49 AM)narrowgauger Wrote: Hi Tomy

interesting, I was at RMIT and Caulflield from 1958 to 1962 whilst City Architect at Moorabbin and the owner of a 1926 Austin Seven

interesting times and lots of changes since, but still the proud owner of an A7, albeit a sportster based on a 1930 chassis.

Happy New Year
Bernard S

Hello Bernard- there are still twelve of us 'Old Techers' from the 50's who regularly correspond by email and get together for lunch two or three times a year Smile
Discuss last night's edition of the Goon Show? Why, it was almost identical to the previous 50 shows... a name change here, a slightly different foreign Johnny to mock there, as fresh as a dripping tap...
Duncan, the reason the Goon Show is as fresh as a dripping tap is that the tap has been dripping for seventy years! I rarely listen now, but I can assure you that in 1952, when the height of radio comedy was Ray's a Laugh, Life with the Lyons, Meet the Huggets, etc. a forteen year old shoolboy had never heard anything like the Goons, and neither had his totally baffeled parents!
Sorry this is nothing to do with Austin Sevens, or Christmas presents, but one of the things I love about this Forum is the tangents that posts go off in. Cliff.
"Hold tight Min, we are doing three miles an hour..."

"Eek!"

"Put on the brake Min!"

"It doesn't suit me Henry!"