The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
" Stadium " Gear Lock.
I've never come across one of these, has anyone?    
It wasn't cheap so probably not many sold
Never seen one in all the time I had access to hundreds of old motor accessory books and catalogues.

Looks well engineered too.
But, locks can be picked. What you really need is Bosco

.jpg   boscodriver01.jpg (Size: 103.6 KB / Downloads: 332)

Steve
Nothing can beat the Blaster. I came across one when working in South Africa in the late 90s. My driver, in his 3 series BMW, drove through red lights and stop signs in Johannesburg. On questioning his apparent poor driving (everyone stops at a stop sign), he explained that the 3 series BMW was the most hijacked car and they no longer needed to stop after dark because it was too dangerous, as hijackers didn't even give you the option to give up your car in case you were armed, they just shot through the window. 

Our car was however fitted with the 'BMW Blaster' as defence...basically a flamethrower that squirted out a jet from under the bottom of the door at anyone approaching who you didn't like the look of, operated from a switch on the dash, and it wasn't a joke

.jpg   blaster.jpg (Size: 31.63 KB / Downloads: 315)
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
imagine - even more nasty with E10 and that ethanol that might rot your soles and watch strap.
(23-12-2022, 05:42 PM)Andy Bennett Wrote: Nothing can beat the Blaster. I came across one when working in South Africa in the late 90s. My driver, in his 3 series BMW, drove through red lights and stop signs in Johannesburg. On questioning his apparent poor driving (everyone stops at a stop sign), he explained that the 3 series BMW was the most hijacked car and they no longer needed to stop after dark because it was too dangerous, as hijackers didn't even give you the option to give up your car in case you were armed, they just shot through the window. 

Our car was however fitted with the 'BMW Blaster' as defence...basically a flamethrower that squirted out a jet from under the bottom of the door at anyone approaching who you didn't like the look of, operated from a switch on the dash, and it wasn't a joke

Sure as hell trumps Bosco Dodgy Dodgy

Steve
I have now come across somebody who found two mint and boxed examples in the '60s, but didn't buy them...much to their regret!
(23-12-2022, 04:56 PM)Steve Jones Wrote: But, locks can be picked. What you really need is Bosco

Steve

I do wonder what Bosco’s other manufacturing lines were?

C
Akron Ohio......BF Goodrich tyres Smile