The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gordon England body badges...
Yes David I agree, would it also be fair say that you are only talking about post Roman Britain and post dark ages for that matter too, before the demise of their empire the Romans had control or everywhere but Scotland. Britain is an interesting land, there have been so many invasions that most of these modern arguments about nationality and nationalism have little real grounds. You really need to go back to Pre Roman times for any of it to have any real credibility, and the fact of the matter is we don't know for certain which groups of people controlled which areas, how they came to be in control, and even with DNA tracing who actually has any credible claim today. All of us that are of modern british descent have the same history, true some of us have variable genetics and ancestry but its all part of what made us who we are as people. For any single group to think they have more rights than the rest is nonsense, our ancestors have all been pawns of individual ambitions and political power struggles for thousands of years and nothing changes. Part of my DNA goes way back, as far, or further than anyone else currently living in the UK, I also have more recent Scottish, Welsh and English blood in my veins, but is that any reason for me to feel I have more rights than anyone else. No far from it, why some factions need to become all tribal and align themselves with figures who are just a small part or the whole history of briton is beyond me. Unless of course they feel they have some personal gain to be made from it, which of course is unfair to the rest of the people who inhabit the island and at the end of the day the root of all the historical injustices.
Black Art Enthusiast

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gordon England body badges... - by Ian Williams - 23-05-2020, 12:52 AM