The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Longbridge factory photos
Is my memory playing tricks with me? I've been looking for a factory photo I remember clearly of almost-complete Mk2 Rubies on the production line. I thought it was on the A7CA website but there are no historic photos there. Nor are there any technical drawings (chassis, coachbuilder's setting out plans etc.) which I thought were on the same site.

Anyone point me in the right direction?

Peter.
Peter,

Is this what you are looking for?

http://a7ca.org/austin-seven/archives/historic-images/

Both these items are in the process of being catalogued properly for the new archive site.
Thank you Ruairidh, I was expecting to see these on the "Online Archive" section of the website. Sadly the photo I was looking for isn't among them ...

Peter.
Not Rubies, but not seen this photo before showing Boxs and Vans, I am sure some one will identify the year and models.

http://www.motorgraphs.com/heritage/long...54421.aspx
[attachment=2189 Wrote:Peter Naulls pid='6992' dateline='1518473616']Thank you Ruairidh, I was expecting to see these on the "Online Archive" section of the website. Sadly the photo I was looking for isn't among them ...

Peter.

Peter the image you may be referring to is in the factory tour brochure " Longbridge today" publication 1380 . The archive has a copy but I could not find it online. I suspect it is in the works to be listed,  I will try to scan the page and post

hopeless attempt to attach. equally hopeless attempt to email same, sorry I need an IT slave[attachment=2191]
Here it is:

Interestingly, the Ruby on the right has the starting handle positioned to the left of the car; this was queried on another photo a couple of months' ago when there was a suggestion the photo had been reversed.
Not reversed, note script on the leading car's grille...and...they are mostly right handed!
There is one of the news real videos showing the ruby prouction line
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hzgrVINpB84
Thank you Mike, Bryan Squeak and Douglas, lovely images all of them. I always find these records fascinating for al the information they give us about detail and finishes - the position of the grill badge on the Ruby for instance.

Once again however none of them are the one I was thinking of! I had it in mind that it showed a fixed head Ruby from behind - no bumpers etc. Perhaps once the A7CA archiving is complete it will come to light.

Thank you all for your help.

Peter.
Hello Peter, there is a small image on the preceding page, showing the rear of a bumperless Ruby on the assembly line being fuelled up.  Perhaps Mike has access and can show on the forum, otherwise I can scan and have another go at posting.
I'd be interested in your thoughts whether this pic shows a smokers hatch or is it something in the background.
 regards  Russell