The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toyota T50 gearbox overhaul
Can anyone recommend a good reliable firm to look at my Toyota T50 5 speed gearbox. One that really has proper engineers and not just strip, clean and re-assemble with minimum checking of bearings/syncros etc. merchants. Preferably within reasonable distance of West Devon so I can take it there (don't trust couriers with this now rare box). I would normally have stripped it myself but age/health mean running out of time. I have some new spares for the internals and a comprehensive full strip down/rebuild set of instructions.

Dennis
The UK is suffering from a serious shortage of skilled workers, our No1 son in law is responsible for a fleet of HGVs and he tells me he's had a 26 tonne truck off the road since April. First it was water in the engine sump so the head was surface ground and the liner 'O' rings were replaced, on reassembly it wouldn't start. Then the turbocharger was found wrecked because on reassembly the camshaft had been timed 180ยบ out which resulted in a fight between the valves and pistons with the resulting debris destroying the turbocharger. Can't do that on a Seven. While on another truck in for a guarantee adjustment to it's gearbox, the gearbox wasn't slung correctly and it fell to the ground and it now needs a replacement gearbox.