The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ANOTHER TOP AWARD FOR THE AUSTIN SEVEN CENTENARY EVENT AND THE A7CA!
For its work in putting on the Austin Seven Cententary Event last July, the Austin Seven Club's Association last night won the 'Club of the Year' award at Octane Magazine's 'Historic Motoring Awards 2022'.

At a gala dinner in London I received the trophy behalf of the Association from the host, broadcaster and motorsport racer, Amanda Stretton.

The star-studded judging panel included: Derek Bell, Dominic Chinea, Jay Blades, Stephen Bayley, Jay Leno, and many others.

The Association won against stiff competition from BMW Car Club GB, the Bugatti Owners' Club, Peugeot Sport Club UK, and the VSCC.

This is another brilliant recognition of the vision and hard work that was put in to creating the Centenary Event, all drawn together by the leadership of the A7CA.

Yet, even with all that effort, none of these awards would come our way if Austin Seven owners and enthusiasts had not so totally supported the event and the clubs of the Assocation had not got behind the idea with practical and financial assistance. In that sense, this award is as much for all those people as it is for the organising team and the A7CA.

The trophy is at the bottom right of the photo below. It is a beautiful, heavy acrylic block with the inscription embedded in the centre, giving an almost 3D-like quality. The photo really does not do it justice!

If you are on the Centenary Facebook group there's a video of the presentation. https://www.facebook.com/groups/697380391650511

That's brilliant news and well deserved! The work that so many people put in for the event at Moreton, not to mention various other events throughout the year, has been rightly celebrated by the winning of this award.
Once again, thanks to all who were involved in organising such a wonderful event and making such a success of it all.
Best wishes,
Nick
Couldn't agree more with all the positive and congratulatory comments. A well-deserved award, against some serious oposition by the look of things. It is an indicator, I think, of the whole unique cameraderie of the Austin Seven movement, manifest by the wholehearted support for the Centenary event - and all the other local and national Austin Seven events across the country, and indeed across the world. Well done everyone, and thanks again.
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish
I second all that has been said and would like to add a big thanks to all the members who attended which made it such a success. I myself could not attended but tried to support the event by buying some of the merchandise online. May I say the polo shirts, fleeces and hats all with the logo on I bought for my son and myself were of very good quality.
Once again a big thanks to the organisers who’s work has brought about this award. You should be very proud of yourselves.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.