The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oil button diaphragm
Just done a service on my oil button - Been looking for guidance on material for a replacement diaphragm, but cannot see anything in previous threads. Have made replacement from an old rubber glove that seems to work OK on the bench with air pressure, but not sure if oil will degrade the rubber over time. Can some kind person steer me in the correct direction please. Graham D.
Hi Graham

I think A7 Components stock button diaphragms.

Cheers

Howard
They do. Part no BG26d
Alan Fairless
I am struggling to get mine to pieces. How do you remove the pressed in brass cap
Theres a whole thing on Essex austin seven club. They use a dish wash glove. https://ea7c.org/oil-pressure-button-repair/
Thanks for the info - Diaphragms now on order.
To remove the pressed in brass coller I just followed the Essex Club instructions, including using the Wife's best washing up glove, but I am not happy with this solution. Hence the request for the correct item.
Graham
(17-11-2022, 04:34 PM)leaf200 Wrote: I am struggling to get mine to pieces. How do you remove the pressed in brass cap
Very carefully,The reason is when the bezel is screwed up its swages slightly the body around it.
The best way I found was to push the brass cap in slightly and with a scraper lightly dress the swaging off,hold the ebonite button in a 3 jaw chuck and pull carefully.
The brass washer that holds the spring behind the button is attached by a 5 Ba countersunk screw and it's easy to pull it out of the ebonite.