The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bacon slicer
I have the bacon slicer starter motor. I was having battery issues and tried to use the starter and it was slow and eventually stopped. After some time I wanted to investigate. And it wont spin even when bypassing the button. The brushes looked ok to my untrained eye. And both parts that spin spin fine but when I reasembled it only clicks when i give er juice. I tried to pry it around with a screwdriver its hard to spin. Any thoughts?
Hi

My first port of call would be the earth connection.  Try running a separate earth directly from the battery to the starter.

Cheers

Howard
Where should i attach it to
Hi Vancevr

I don’t have a bacon slicer starter so I can’t answer too authoritatively but I would imagine anywhere on the main body, probably the mounting bolts would be a good place.

Cheers

Howard
i used the mounting nuts on the shifter cover.
Vancevr, by shifter cover, you mean the cover for the g/b? If so, you may not be getting the best ground, given the aluminum g/b housing. You might try a dedicated fixing on the floor pan or firewall. I'm certainly no auto electric expert, but a good ground is very important, that much I do know. ;-)

Erich in Mukilteo
It shouldn’t be hard to spin !
Take the starter off and investigate could be dry bearings
Bent armature spindle - but you said it spins OK off the vehicle.
Brush flexible cable loose fitting onto screwed terminal or solder joint (at other end) to the field winding has burnt out.