The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
22 fzb
I have a 22fzb carb on my car and I was wondering what was the base adjustments on the idle mixture screw. I took it out to clean and it got spun around and now it wont idle low. Any suggestions.
I don't think D.Mann will mind me posting this:-

.jpg   FZ 22 Carburettor Details.jpg (Size: 61.43 KB / Downloads: 206)
But how do I adjust the slow running device?
I don't know whether this will be of any help? I see there are some notes on Slow Running...

http://www.archive.a7ca.org/wp-content/u...P_0011.pdf
Set the throttle stop screw such that the engine will run, but as slowly as possible without it stopping. Then adjust the slow running mixture screw to "peak" the engine revs. Too lean and the engine will slow down. Too rich and it will slow down. You are looking for the sweet spot in-between. When you've found it, slow the engine down with the throttle stop screw, again to run as slow as it will go without stopping. Then repeat the above. Peak the mixture screw. Keep repeating that process and eventually you should be able to reach a nice slow idle speed, without the engine stopping. The higher the engine speed, the less effect the slow running screw will have, so if it is miles out of adjustment, it might take a bit of guesswork to initially get it in the right ballpark. Turn the mixture screw slowly, to give the engine time to settle.

I hope that helps!
    Here's a photo of the slow running assembly, I usually start with the adjusting screw 11/2 turns open, do not screw it down hard as it will splay out and split it. Then follow John's instruction.