The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Centenary Event wins prestigious award
CENTENARY EVENT WINS THE CLASSIC & SPORTS CAR 'BEST CLUB EVENT (STATIC) 2022'

Just this morning we have learned that the Centenary Event has won an award that we didn't even know it was entered for!

It was 'truly a once-in-a-lifetime event' but it is wonderful to have that fact recognised publicly.

We also acknowledge the tremendous contribution to this win that was made by Charlie Plain-Jones and his willing band of helpers at the Prescott Festival during the Centenary Event week.

https://www.classicandsportscar.com/news...22-winners

.png   c&sc.png (Size: 178.46 KB / Downloads: 452)
That's great news, a public acknowledgement of the huge amount of effort and expertise put in by all the organisers. Very well deserved.

I have been aware of the amount of very positive press coverage our centenary has attracted, if only by the number of friends, relatives and neighbours who have mentioned it to me. Just yesterday one of my non Austin 7 clients began our conversation with "Good to see you Peter and happy birthday to your cars". It's all good exposure for our hobby.
Oh a standing ovation for the team who put together a magnificent event, or series of events. Utterly unbeatable! Many many thanks and enough congratulations to load a Severn & Canal motor narrow boat to the gunwales, and the sound of the 15 hp Bollinder echoes across the countryside as the load of congratulations makes its way up Tardebigge.
A thoroughly well deserved award for the organising team and all involved.

.jpeg   C55C4587-EDDE-4890-B5B9-6BFCD44CF316.jpeg (Size: 48.74 KB / Downloads: 232)
The whole team must be deservedly proud. I can feel Barry Clarke smiling down.
(17-11-2022, 02:18 AM)squeak Wrote: The whole team must be deservedly proud. I can feel Barry Clarke smiling down.

Very well done to all, but where exactly would Barry be smiling from?
Excellent news, well done everybody. It makes me proud to have been there! Smile
As per my message about the other award mentioned on here, thoroughly deserved and well done everyone who was involved in whatever way in giving up their time freely to allow me to enjoy this wonderful event (and many others throughout the year).
Thanks once again.
Nick
If not already done so. Please see my comment on the other Centenary award. Both are worthy of the same praise.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.