The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Museum and looking for
Good afternoon all,

Have just visited a charming little museum in Rochester airport this morning.

The old Airport Garage Museum.
On the wall is a picture of the Parker radio repair company showing a least 10 Austin seven vans.
On returning home and doing a little digging I believe that they were based in St james Road London SE1.
Can anyone out there confirm this as the owner of the museum may be interested in history of this photo.

Please can anybody out there help me with a challenge i am trying to find out where my grandads car has
ended up, it was a Austin seven saloon with a registration of AXA 390.
It would be fantastic to be reunited, I also have the bill of sale from 1936.
The registration number is not on the Austin Seven Clubs' Association register but it does come up on the DVLA site as a 1933 blue Austin, last V5 change in 2018. 

I would think you stand a reasonably good chance of tracking it down. Good luck!
We have this photo in the Friends' Gallery, I assume it's the same as the one in the museum:

https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/for...iew&id=742

.jpeg   158_19_12_20_2_51_51.jpeg (Size: 96.1 KB / Downloads: 298)

I have a whole range of addresses for the Parker Piano Company, one of which is James Road, London. It sounds like this maybe should be the St James Road you mention.

Other addresses are:

93-95 High Street, Walthamstow and 248 Wood Street, Walthamstow
47 London Wall, London EC
112 Edgware Road, Hyde Park
143 and 167 Bishopgate, London EC

If you are in touch with the owner of the museum, perhaps you can ask him for a high-res scan of the photo for the Archive?
Good morning Mike.

Thanks for the reply and yes it is the same photo, what a joy it is that our past heritage of working life has not been thrown in the skip. This photo had similarities to my grandfather as he was a radio and tv engineer from foots cray in Kent and his Austin seven van was sign written.
The van in question was a ruby seven and I am in touch with the new owner who is doing a great job getting it ready for the road,
The new owner informs me this should be completed within the next couple of years and what a head turner it will be.
I am unable to give the registration or name of the new owner but some of you out there may already know this marvellous gentlemen.

Good morning Nick,

Thanks for a speedy response and yes I was aware that the car had now downed a new paint colour of blue and was re registered in 2018. Joy and joy came to mind as there is still a chance of finding the car that was in a very sorry state of repair.
For all of your readers out there my grandfather had a soft spot for Austin sevens not just for work but pleasure to, the car was split from a rare van approximately 10 years ago.
We all have dreams and mine would be to see the two sevens side by side at a show somewhere, omg that would be fantastic for me and my grandfather would have been so happy, god rest his sole.

Thank you.

Good morning Mike.

Thanks for the reply and yes it is the same photo, what a joy it is that our past heritage of working life has not been thrown in the skip. This photo had similarities to my grandfather as he was a radio and tv engineer from foots cray in Kent and his Austin seven van was sign written.
The van in question was a ruby seven and I am in touch with the new owner who is doing a great job getting it ready for the road,
The new owner informs me this should be completed within the next couple of years and what a head turner it will be.
I am unable to give the registration or name of the new owner but some of you out there may already know this marvellous gentlemen.